October 23, 2014

Live Drawing / Marks & Spencer

Kitty N. Wong / Marks and Spencer Illustration
Last month I got a super exciting chance to create an original illustration for Marks & Spencer! I love M&S, when I was in England this summer I stocked up on so many pairs black tights and comfy-cute bras. Plus they're so nice there, whenever I stop by the stores here in Hong Kong they always call me ma'am, I into that.

Located in Lanson Hotel in Causeway Bay, M&S hosted the press event to present their A/W 2014 collection and to celebrate their first time presenting at London Fashion Week. This was the first time I've ever been outfitted by a brand for their event, it was so much fun to pick out an outfit with the M&S team, after many maybe outfits I finally chose a body hugging mid-calf Per Una dress in a red and black geometric print paired with gold and silver accessories. I love how the dress is super comfy (girrrl, I gotta werk!) has a qi-pao vibe because of the length but it's still super modern because of the print and stretch knit fabric.

Kitty N. Wong / Marks and Spencer Live Sketch Artist
READ ON to see more photos of the event and my live illustrations.


Kitty N. Wong / Marks and Spencer Illustration
Whenever I think of M&S I always think British so in addition to drawing their spokesperson Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and David Gandy on the pre-illustration, I of course had to include Her Royal Highness The Queen and Kate Middleton with her wee little royal baby Prince George.

Kitty N. Wong / Marks and Spencer Illustration Guests

Kitty N. Wong / Marks and Spencer Live Sketch
It was such a busy event, with lots of guests and media in attendance to cover the new collection. Check out some super sweet mentions from More Sunday Magazine and AM730 here. There were already a small line forming as I was setting up my table and I didn't stop my pen until the very end of the event. Luckily M&S had an on-site photographer who snapped these wonderful photos for us from the day.

Some of the lovely ladies that I got to draw included photographer Sabrina Sikora, Jackaline of MandSandThenSome and writer Michelle Yeung.

If you liked this post, make sure you subscribe, and share it with your friends using the social media buttons below!

And if you are interested in working together feel free to send a quick hello to me at kitty (dot) n (dot) wong (at) gmail (dot) com. I'd love to hear from you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment